I'm sorry it's been so long since I've written anything ... I've been largely bogged down with exams and travel planning. My mom came to Lille for a week, and now I am in the middle of a two-week Spring vacation. The first week was spent in Edinburgh, Scotland (Which is where I am now - in fact I'm at the cafe where J.K. Rowling is supposed to have written parts of Harry Potter.)
Being in Scotland has made me think I am going to fall in love with a handsome Scotsman and end up having a wedding with kilts and bagpipes. But it's not so much a fantasy as a premonition. But don't worry, no specific Scot has swept me off my feet ... yet.
The second week I'll be headed "home" to France to pause, reflect and figure out what the hell I am going to do with my immediate future. Whereas I once knew I wanted to dive into an entry-level reporting position with a daily newspaper, Europe has shaken that goal loose (without dislodging it completely). Once I had one world, now I've got two. I'll keep you all posted as things develop and decisions get made. I will tell you one thing though ... when I left for France three months ago I never imagined I'd end up here.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY! I LOVE hearing you say this!
Post a Comment