I went to Paris for the weekend.
It's taken me some time to get over how casually I can say that ... but it's really not such a big deal given I'm only an hour's train ride away.
At first I was upset because I ended up spending €65 in train tickets ... a slightly painful fact when it is possible to get one-way tickets as low as €18.50 each. When I asked the woman at the train station why my ticket was so much more than that I couldn't understand what she said. So I vowed to find a French person who could explain it to me for future reference. In the meantime I am reminding myself that the fact that I can go to Paris for a weekend with little or no planning is one of the true wonders of living here. Besides, a plane ticket from Phoenix to Paris would cost hundreds of dollars.
So I went to Paris and had a great time. On Saturday morning a Frenchman named Jean Michel told me it would be the best day of my life because it was a beautiful day in Paris. He wasn't far off.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment