Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A few of my favorite things

Everyone is always asking me how I like France. That's a tough question to answer in a few sentences, so I've made a few lists to help you get the picture of what life here is really like:

Things I Miss:
Coffee
All of you
Starbucks
Grey's Anatomy
My car
Newspapers I can actually understand

Things that makes me say "Vive la France"
Good, cheap wine
Being able to walk everywhere
The Nutella effect (anything chocolate-hazelnut flavored)
Despite the fact that the French are extremey fashion-conscious, there isn't the same overt obsession with looks that you find at ASU
Coffee drink vending machines
Meeting people from different cultures

Things that make me say "I hate France"
Getting lost on a daily basis because the classrooms are always changing (Didn't Harry Potter have that problem?)
Carrefour on a Saturday afternoon (think Wal-Mart the day after Christmas, but everything is in French)
The bathrooms
French people who don't like foreigners

1 comment:

gavin said...

Just saying "Wal-Mart" and "Christmas" in the same sentence is enough to send me over the edge. Carrefour must be a delight! At least there is Nutella. Thank you Jesus for Nutella. I'm with you there, sister.